This week’s prompt is “…it wasn’t my fault…”
The challenge is to complete your entry with 100 words or less, creating a story or verbal image that captures the imagination. You can enter your own entry at Julia’s 100 Word Challenge For Grownups.
Also, be sure to visit the 100 Word Challenge for schools, where the idea originated.
This is still following my Valentine’s Day theme, albeit in a twisted sort of way. Enjoy!
“It wasn’t my fault” she said.
“Who said anything about it being your fault?” said the detective with a sidelong look to his partner.
“He was my boyfriend.”
“Really? For how long?” said the second detective.
“Almost a year.”
“Was he seeing anyone else?” said the first detective.
“Yes, but he didn’t care about her. If he had just listened to me none of this would have happened”
“What would you have told him?”
“What does it matter now?”
“Should I call a lawyer?”
“We said you were entitled to one.”
“Maybe I should… It wasn’t my fault”
- When Harry meets Autumn : 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups Week #30 (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- “It’s Not My Fault” (100 Word Challenge) (lisawieldswords.wordpress.com)
- Conference faux pas (taochild.wordpress.com)
- It Wasn’t My Fault (scriptorwrites.wordpress.com)
- The Fault (shannonhowell.wordpress.com)
- Ensorcelled (blogupnorth.wordpress.com)
- Are you sure it should be that colour? (blogupnorth.wordpress.com)
- 100-Word Writing Challenge (insanityreignssupreme.wordpress.com)
- 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups Week #27 (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week #30 (jfb57.wordpress.com)