Yesterday I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the wonderful Kourtney Heintz. I’m not sure but I think it has something to do with the German word for love – liebe, and I assume the reason she awarded me this is the Valentine’s Day theme of many of my posts this past week. Thank you so much Kourtney! I appreciate it! As soon I figure out how to pass this on and to whom it should be passed on to, I will do so with honor.
Update February 8, 2012: Okay, I have found more information on the award from Colline’s Blog…
What is the Liebster Blog Award exactly? Leibster is a German word meaning dearest. However, in the context of blog writing, it can also mean favourite. The award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers in acknowledgement of the good articles and posts they have written. In presenting a fellow blogger with the reward, the nominee is encouraging him/her to continue creating interesting and inspiring posts.
The rules fo receiving the Liebster Blog Award are as follows:
- Thank the fellow blogger who nominated you. (Thank you once again Kourtney)
- Link back to the person who awarded you.
- List five blogs that have affected your writing in a positive manner.
- Leave comments on those blogs to let them know of the nominations.
- Post the award on your blog.
My Nominees for the Liebster Blog Award
Gilly Gee at Lucid Gypsy (But she already has one)
- My Liebster and Hug Awards go to… (ilovemandaue.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (joeandjulieskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (poeticlicensee.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (icklekins.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Blog Award (takingsnaps.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (childrensbooksheal.com)
- Academy Award of the Blogosphere: The Liebster Award (viviankirkfield.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Blog Award (collinesblog.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award and Nominations – by Cat Forsley © (catforsley.me)